The following are a few simple instructions that will have you update inventory and create accurate CSV files in no time.
Steps for saving the item file without losing the ItemID/UPC format
Get the Item listing report on CAS ( Reports --> Listings --> Inventory ID )
1. Select Type Item
2. press Generate
3. Press Download CSV (drag file to your desktop)
To open the file --> Right-click on the file --> Press Open With -->Notepad
Now you have the items in notepad - the ItemID's should look good with lead zero's and no scientific notation
On the File press Control A (So all in the file are selected/highlighted)
Press Control C (to copy all) Or Right Click --> Copy
Open Excel (you have a blank worksheet)
In the first column/row, put your cursor and paste the copied data Control P. You will see all of your items but in column A
1. Highlight column A and
2. Navigate to the Excel Tab --> Data
3. Select Text to Column and you will have a Wizard pop up
4. Step 1 of 3 Leave at Delimited
5. Press Next
6. Step 2 of 3 Delimiters Change to Comma
7. Press Next
8. Step 3 of 3 Highlight the first column (ItemID)
9. Change from General to Text
10. Highlight the second column (UPC)
11. Change from General to Text
12. Press Finish
The file is in a good format so that your itemID's and UPC's are saved correctly
When you save this file, save it as an Excel Worksheet file (this way you can save and close and reopen without losing the itemID format)
Once you are ready to import also create a csv file for the correct import format
DOWNLOAD the Sample Format for Smart Imports attached below
Articles in this section
- How to make Items Inactive? - Mass Modification
- How to Reprint Receiving Receipt?
- How to modify an item as Force Weight?
- How to Zero out Inventory?
- How to Preserve Leading Zeros & Prevent Scientific Notations on Excel File?
- How To Set up Gift Card Program?(WinPOS/TabPOS)
- How to Set Up a Cloud Printer
- How can a merchant change the rc registered Email ID?