PAX S300 is a payment device which has the ability to read EMV chip cards, NFC, magnetic strips, and it has a keypad for keyed entry. It is both EMV and Point to Point Encryption enabled. The PAX S300 device must have its own connection to the internet, and the point of sale terminal must be able to connect to it over the local network and it must connect with an Ethernet cable to the network.
S300 POS Connector Cable
S300 Power Cord Ethernet Cable
Connecting the terminal
- Connect power cable to S300 connector cable (terminal is turned on/off via power connection)
- Connect Ethernet cable to red LAN port on S300 POS connector cable
- Connect other end of Ethernet cable to router.
Main Menu Options
To access terminal’s menu press and hold Function key and key 1 simultaneously. The items available in the main menu are :
- Display Transaction : Review and Find transactions
- Merchant Settings : Set security, authorization, Set batch time, and Set additional prompts
- Operation settings : Buzzer Setup, Set operation mode, Halo Setup,
- Hosts Settings :View or modify host parameters, host URL parameters, and Auto Dial Setup
- System Settings :Time & Date, Set working Mode, key injection, App management, etc.
- Communication :Configure communication parameters and settings
This menu contains two different functions. They are :
This menu contains four different functions that can be changed manually, if necessary. They are:
- Security Settings
- Merchant Fee
- Credit Surcharge
- Set Batch Time
- Additional Prompts
This Menu has three options that can be enabled or disabled, manually through the terminal. They are:
- Buzzer Setup
- Operation Mode
- Screen Back light
- Halo Setup
- Language Settings
This menu allows you to view/edit the Host Parameters, Host URL parameters, and set the Auto Dial parameters.
- Hosts Parameters
- Host URL Params
- Auto Dial Setup
- Host Register
- Batch Close
- EMV Param Download
This menu consists of different functions that can be changed manually.
- Date/Time Setup
- Batch Number
- Working Mode
- Keys Injection
- App Management
- TDES Keys Injection
- POS Register
This Menu has following sub-menus pertaining to communication. These parameters affect communications during authorization and batching only. The following features are part of the Communication Menu:
- Main Communication
- Backup Comm.
- Maximum Tries
- Connect Timeout
- Receive Timeout
- Ping Timeout
- DNS Timeout
- Dial Parameters
- LAN Parameters
- ECR Comm. Type
0-9 Key Numbers : Enter any numeric value or press for more than one time to enter characters of alphabet
CANCEL : Used to cancel an operation. Access to the Function Menu.
CLEAR : Erases character under the cursor when editing parameters.
ENTER : Accepts entered information. Executes the current function. Access to the main application menu.