Mainly there are 3 steps involved in accepting Gift cards as a payment type for TabPOS.
- Setup and Activate your Giftcard account with STS
- Setup the Giftcard items for your accounts
- Selling Gift cards and Accepting Payment as Gift cards
Setup and Activate your Gift card account with STS
If you plan to accept gift cards for your business contact the support team to set up your merchant account with STS. Once you have your merchant account you will be provided with Account information such as
1. Account Number / Merchant Number
2. Terminal ID
Enter your STS account details in CAS under Configuration ---> Payment Settings --> Payment Gateway --> Gift Card ( Smart Transactions ).
Click Generate and save your account details
Setup the Gift card items for your accounts
To sell gift cards to your customers you need to set up a service item as below
1. Create an item under Master item ( ex: GIFT01 ) for $0.00 and Item Type as "Service Item"
2. Save the Item
Selling Gift cards
When a customer wanted to purchase a gift card please follow the steps below
1. Sell the item set up in the previous step ( ex: GIFT01 )
2. The system will prompt you to enter the Amount the Giftcard to be sold for. Enter the desired amount and collect payment as one of the available tenders ( CASH, CREDIT, DEBIT, CHECK, etc )
3. Print the receipt and note down the transaction number
At this point, you have successfully sold a gift cart. The next step is to activate the gift card
Activating a Gift Card ( Plastic / Paper etc )
1. From the transaction screen swipe from left and click "Gift Card Activation"
2. Enter the Gift Card Number ( Plastic / Paper ), Amount from the previous gift card sale, Transaction Number from the previous step and Submit.
3. You will see a success message if activated successfully.
Balance Inquiry ( Plastic / Paper etc )
1. From the transaction screen swipe from left and click "Gift Card Balance Enquiry"
2. Enter the Gift Card Number ( Plastic / Paper ) and click Submit.
3. You will the Gift card balance on the screen.
Accepting Gift cards as Payment
If you are using a PAX terminal the Giftcard can be swiped on the PAX for Sale transactions
1. Add items to the cart
2. Click on the Tender Type "Gift"
3. Click Submit
4. The PAX terminal will ask the user to Swipe / Input the Card Number. It can be swiped or manually entered.
5. Proceed to complete the transaction.
Note: Activation & Balance Enquiry of the gift card needs card number to be entered manually by the user. In future releases this will be available for swipe and print ( balance )