Follow the below steps to design a new label.
- Go to Label.It homepage → Create New template
- A template designer page will appear with an attributes panel, a canvas, and a properties panel.
- Template Name: Enter a Template Name for the new template.
- Width: Input the width for the label. The default is 2.
- Height: Input the height for the label. The default is 2.
- Unit: Select from Inches/CM.
- DPI: Enter the DPI (dots per inch) of the printer.
- Drag the Item details and attributes to be displayed on the label and drop it on the canvas.
- Modify the properties of the dragged attributes from the properties panel. Width, Height, Position, etc., can be modified here.
- To delete/deselect an item from the canvas, select the item and click the 'Erase' button. 'Clear Canvas' button will remove all the items/attributes on the canvas.
- Click on Save Template.
When the user saves the template, all these fields also get saved with all the positions and dimensions. Fields like ItemID, UPC and Barcode etc., will be replaced with values associated with each item from the bulk print page.
Action Panel: Action panel is where dimensions like width, height and DPI can be set.
- Attributes like ItemID, UPC, Barcode, Text, Image, Rectangle, Circle etc., can be dragged from the toolbar onto the canvas.
- The following Item Attributes are supported by default :
- Item Name
- Selling Price
- Cost price
- Geometric elements (Rectangle, Circle, Horizontal Line, Vertical Line)
- Generic Text
All of the above requires transformations relative to the label size selected by the user. This will be performed automatically as the user changes the dimensions of the label. When the user saves the template, all these fields also get saved with all the positions and dimensions. Fields like ItemID, UPC and Barcode etc., will be replaced with values associated with each item from the bulk print page.
- The properties of the dragged attributes can be modified from the properties panel Width, Height, Position etc.,can be modified here.
- These attributes will be replaced once the data is loaded from db.
- The canvas is the visual representation of the label. It can be resized to custom widths, heights and DPIs, all measures in inches.
- The minimum possible dimension of the label will be 0.5 “ X 0.5 “. The maximum supported label size will be 10 “ X 10 “.
- Zebra Printers supports 200DPI, 300DPI or 600DPI as a standard, and these are all supported in this feature. Additionally, DPI settings can be tweaked at the Canvas also.
Help: Page that contains instructions on how to design the template and how to perform bulk printing.