This is the Item Tab in your retailcloud tabPOS. This is where you will see all you items in your inventory, displayed in the way you have customized.
Your view will take you to the next layers, depending on your set up.
You can display all items here (recommended if you only have a few items in your inventory).
You can display in grid mode to display more items as they are in single line
You can display by department (or other classification or attribute), which then will filter to all items within that classification - this is the recommended view for businesses with more items in their inventory
Here are some things you need to know when you are selling items from the tablet application.
- First you always have to have QOH on your items, if you don't you wont be able to sell them through the application.
- The application will let you know if you have any QOH on the items by having a check mark on the picture that allows you to sell the item because you have some in your stock.
- If you have items with no QOH or negative QOH you will not be able to add them to the cart.
Some other Functions on the Item Tab are the Filter, Add item, and adding to the cart
- The Filter button lets you filter the item by Vendor, Department, Category, Sub Category, Size, Color, and Brand.
- The Plus sign takes you to the add items page. To add an item successfully you will need to enter all the mandatory fields.
- The Shopping Cart lets you know how many items you have in your shopping cart
- The Search lets you search for items by Name.
- Edit the item
When you have items in your Shopping Cart and you select the Transaction Tab your items will be there and you will have your totals for that transaction.
This page lets you add new items to your tablet.
You can easily add new items when they receive it at the store. You can add pictures if you are using the tablet to do clienteling, so the customers will know how the item looks before they purchase it.
Item ID, UPC, Name, Vendor, and Selling Price are mandatory fields to add a new item to your inventory.
Department, category, and subcategory display the default value and can be changed as needed, but are also mandatory fields. Details about the size, color, style, discount, brand, cost price, season, royalty and tax, vendor, serialization level, tax inclusive, and no discount may also be provided.
Once added you can start selling the item.
TabPOS - Edit Item
Once you have your items in the system, occasionally things change and you need to make a change to the items. From the tabPOS, you can edit your items changing the tax code, price, attributes, etc.
The following are the steps to edit an item:
- Go to the Item Tab
- Select the item you want to edit (you will see the general information on the item)
- Click on the item (you are taken to a more specific screen with your full item information)
- press the grey crayon (edit button) located on the blue navigation bar
- You are taken to the screen with current item details, here you can make the modifications needed
- When done, press the green check to save
Articles in this section
- Getting Started
- Merchant Info
- Misc Cash: Payouts