Credit/Debit Card Pre-Authorization is a feature commonly used in high-volume bars and restaurants. This feature allows bartenders and waitstaff to swipe a card on a customer’s order, save that information as to their bar tab, and verify the validity of the customer’s bank account while also checking for funds.
The console portal can filter out and show only open pre-auth receipts. Follow the instructions for Closing unpaid Open-Auths
Closing unpaid Open-Auths
- Login to Console
- Navigate to the Transactions tab. A list of receipts is shown on the screen that is awaiting a post-auth transaction. We can select that receipt and close it out and complete the sale.
- Click on the transaction which you want to close. The cart item screen with the transaction details will be displayed.
- Hit the 'Charge the Card' button at the bottom of the screen.
- From the Authorization pop-up window, you can select the card if multiple cards are saved.
- Click on the Capture button to capture the amount and complete the sale. Once done a payment successful pop-up will appear.
If an open receipt is not closed when the End of Day runs, it will not be approved, nor will the card be charged for any payment. Make sure you close out all receipts before running your end-of-day function.
Articles in this section
- Tikt Merchant Portal
- Tikt Configurations
- Open Auths
- How to Add Transaction Fee?
- Pick-Up Orders
- Menu Creation & Setup
- How Tikt Works?
- Scan the QR Code on the Table
- Guest Count & Contact Tracing