An inventory transfer, also known as stock transfer or warehouse transfer, is the movement of physical inventory items from one warehouse/location to another.
Inventory Transfer is a 2-way process:
- Create Transfer
- Commit Transfer
To start a transfer follow the below steps
- Click the 'Transfer' button from the home screen. All the recent transfers will be listed on the transfer page.
- To create a new transfer, click on the ( + ) button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Source & Destination location.
- Click on Create Transfer
- Wave your device while pressing and holding the trigger to scan RFID tags or click on the Barcode icon at the bottom of the screen to scan the barcode to transfer the inventory.
- Scanned items will be listed on the screen, with Item UPC, Quantity, and Cost Price. Once inventory scanning is completed, click on the TRANSFER button to transfer the inventory.
When you initiate a transfer, the inventory is removed from the source store or warehouse, it is not added to the destination store until the transfer is committed; if you error the transfer instead of committing it the inventory is returned to the source store or warehouse.
To commit a transfer follow the below steps
- Click the 'Transfer' button from the home screen. All the inventory transfers will be listed here. The inventory transfer number is automatically generated which can be used to track the order.
- Click on the transaction number to view the transfer details.
- Click on the COMMIT button to complete the transfer.
The user also has the option of closing/canceling the transfer before committing. To close the Transfer, click the ERROR button which will close the order which technically means that the transfer is canceled and will not transfer items in it.
Articles in this section
- Getting Started
- Cycle Count
- Master Item
- Locate Item