inServ can filter out and show only open pre-auth receipts. Follow the instructions for Closing unpaid Open-Auths
How to Close Unpaid Open Auths?
- Go to the menu → Select Open Auths. A list of receipts is shown on the screen that is awaiting a post-auth transaction. We can select that receipt and close it out.
- Click on a transaction to open the cart item screen which displays the transaction details.
- Proceed with the CHARGE THE CARD button at the bottom of the screen.
- From the Authorization pop-up window, you can select the card if multiple cards are saved.
- Click on the Capture button to capture the amount and complete the sale. Once done a payment successful pop-up will appear.
If an open receipt is not closed when the End of Day runs, it will not be approved, nor will the card be charged for any payment. Make sure you close out all receipts before running your end-of-day function
Articles in this section
- Getting Started
- Register & Login
- Managing Server Tasks
- Managing Orders
- Item 86ing
- Table Management
- Reprint Receipt
- Managing Open Auths
- Employee Sales & Tips Reports